Pressure washing in the rain is a frequently discussed topic between our power washing Powell, OH technicians and local homeowners. So, can you power wash in the rain?
The answer is yes! You can power wash exterior surfaces in the rain. However, it’s essential to understand how power washing in Powell, OH can enhance your curb appeal without damaging your property.
Here, we go over how to power wash in the rain to achieve a perfect clean.
WHY DO POWER WASH PROFESSIONALS PREFER WORKING ON A CLOUDY DAY?
Power washers prefer working on a cloudy day for several reasons.
First, a cloudy day is less likely to produce windy conditions. When the wind blows, it can blow water off the house and leave spots where dirt and grime remain.
Second, a cloudy day will not entail much sun shining on your home. Lack of sunlight keeps your home cool and protected from UV damage. If too much sun shines on your home’s surface, it can cause siding discoloration, fading, or even structural damage.
HOW TO POWER WASH IN THE RAIN
If you’re wondering how to power wash in the rain, we’ve got you covered! Here are a few tips and tricks for performing a perfect power washing in Powell, OH.
- Always use a water filter on your power washer. This device will help prevent any water clogging or damage from occurring during use.
- Make sure you have a hose rated for outdoor use. It should be a high-quality hose that can withstand the elements and repeat use over long periods.
- If you have an outdoor storage unit for your power washer, ensure it’s waterproofed or insulated. You don’t want water leaking into it when it rains (or when the snow melts).
- Store all electrical equipment inside a garage or truck during the pressure washing service. This equipment includes your hose, nozzles, and any other electric tools you might use during your job. If possible, disconnect these devices from their power sources and put them into waterproof storage bins.
- Reschedule power washing in Powell, OH if there has been heavy rain, lightning, or thunder in the last 30 minutes. Other adverse weather conditions also warrant rescheduling, such as heavy snow, high winds, hail, or (needless to say) tornadoes.
CONTACT US TODAY FOR A POWER WASHING QUOTE IN OHIO
At Under Pressure Ohio, we consider power washing in Powell, OH a vital service for homes and business owners. That’s why our power washing company prioritizes giving our customers the most thorough and professional cleaning possible. Our licensed, insured, and highly trained technicians will always use top-of-the-line cleaning and safety equipment when working on your property.
Our goal at Under Pressure is to ensure all our customers are happy with their experience from start to finish. So if you need help getting rid of dirt and grime with our power washing service, contact us today for a free quote at (740) 815-8530!