Do you have stubborn dirt and grime on your prized stucco, stone, concrete, or brick that could use a thorough cleaning? Many homeowners choose to do their own power washing in Columbus, OH, to make these areas look great while saving money.
However, DIY power washing in Columbus, OH, is not only arduous and labor-intensive. It can also do significant damage to siding and other home components.
You want to make sure to do this job right the first time. The question is, how do you do that without causing damage or incurring an injury? Do you hire professional power washing companies and pay them for their expertise, or do you try to take on this daunting task yourself?
Keep reading to find out more.
What Is DIY Power Washing?
DIY power washing involves doing the work yourself. You might hear of a “pressure washer,” which you’ll use.
You can rent the equipment from your local hardware store or buy one. They are easy to use, but following all precautions and instructions is essential because they can cause serious injuries or damage if you misuse them.
- Cost-effective on smaller projects
- You have complete control over the power-washed surfaces, process, and outcomes
- Not a bad choice when cleaning lightly soiled or stained surfaces
- Higher potential for property damage or injury
- Potentially dangerous, especially when cleaning hard-to-reach areas, such as roofs
- Added costs (purchasing detergents, ladders, pressure washing equipment, etc.)
- Not recommended for commercial power washing
What Is Professional Power Washing?
Professional power washing in Columbus, OH, is when you hire a company or contractor to come out and clean your home or business. They bring all the equipment, detergents, and personnel necessary to do the job right. You may want to hire a contractor for this service for several reasons.
- Low risk of damage on special features like siding, woodwork, or stone
- Ecofriendly detergents that effectively break down different types of stains and dirt
- No issues of equipment breakdowns as with some do-it-yourself retail products
- Time and cost-saving; you won’t have to hire personnel, buy cleaning detergents, or rent or buy equipment
- Don’t focus solely on price but focus on value; low price does not always equal quality work
- Possibility of hiring a fly-by-night company or cowboy contractor in Columbus, Ohio, if you do not carry out your due diligence
Hiring a Professional for Your Power Washing Needs in Central Ohio
Ultimately, it’s up to you and your needs as a homeowner. If you can manage the equipment, perhaps for a small property that needs frequent pressure cleaning, then DIY is for you.
Otherwise, hiring a professional for power washing in Columbus, OH, will ultimately save you time and money in the long run with fewer headaches and better results.
Contact Under Pressure Soft Wash and Power Washing professionals for your free estimate today if you need your home or property power washed. Call the team today at (740) 815-8530 or contact us online.